Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Shug, by Jenny Han

The book Shug, by Jenny Han, is about a twelve-year-old girl named Anne Marie Wilcox (or "Shug") who's having trouble with boys and appreciating her body. Her neighbor is a boy she's known her whole life named Mark. When they started junior high school, she started liking Mark and always worried her body was not pretty enough. She was always compared to her high school sister who is gorgeous and intelligent. Her mom never does anything and always drinks wine. Then, all of a sudden when she started tutoring this bad boy named Jack, she started changing her opinion about her body and about Mark. This book is a great exaple of pre-teens' lives. This book is great for the girls in sixth grade going to seventh. I read it during the summer and I really got the chance to relate to this book. It has a hint of family trouble and a lot about boys. I love this book. I will have to say this book is my favorite book of the summer. Some places I took it to were the beach and the shopping mall. I hope you have a splendid time reading this book. I recommend it a lot. -Reviewed by Anonymous, grade 8.

No comments: