Thursday, September 17, 2009

Briana's Gift, by Lurlene McDaniel

Briana's Gift, by Lurlene McDaniel, was a story about a girl named Susanna. Her father died in December and now her mother has a debilitating arthritis. On top of that her older sister, Briana, ran away with her boyfriend. December is not a good month for Susanna. A couple of months later Briana comes back home pregnant without her boyfriend. Briana and Susanna were becoming closer and things were starting to look better until Brianna became deathly ill. She and her mother have to make impossible decisions. The family finds themselves coming together as their lives falls apart. I really enjoyed reading Briana's Gift. It was especially personal and touching to me because I have a sister and it made me appreciate my family. It also helps you appreciate what you do have and not to take life for granted. I recommend this book to all teens. It's an amazing book that you'll never want to put down. -Reviewed by SR, grade 9 .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love what i've read of the book. but i am needing the movie... does anyone know where one would be